Terms & Conditions
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Qutors – a digital platform which advertises tutors and schools to perspective students.
The Users must be eighteen (18) years or older to use the Site and / or Service. Users under the age of eighteen (18) years (“Child Users”) cannot use or register for the Site and / or Service. By using the Site and / or Service and by clicking “I Agree” button, the Users represent that (i) they are at least eighteen years of age; or (ii) their parents or legal guardians have consented or approved their use of the Site and / or Service, and have read, understood and agree to be bound by this TOU on User’s behalf and are responsible for all such use of the Qutors Site or Services.
Upon registration with the Site and / or the Service or the Platform, the Users shall enter into a contractual relation for the term of the Registration with Qutors pursuant to this TOU.
Qutors also do not actively recommend certain entities such as tutors or schools, and does not take liability to any issues between either users.
Extent of the TOU
- This TOU shall apply to all use of the Site and / or Service or the Platform by the Users.
- Our platform does not take any form of monetary payments between schools/tutors and students. All payment and or structures, should be dealt with between said parties.
Description of Services
- An online website which teachers/schools can list themselves, free of charge so that they can be reached out to by students or on behalf of students. This is based on the needs/requirements by the searcher.
- A web portal for attending online training and access to teaching materials.
- Hosting of information concerning Tutor availability, Tutor-provided biographies and practice approach, and general information concerning in depth online Teaching.
Description of Contractual Relations
- Qutors does not offer any form of teaching to students itself. Furthermore it does not endorse any tutors or schools.
- All schools and tutors listed on Qutors website is liable for their own teaching methods, subjects and content – NOT QUTORS.
- Every user of this website are tied into the contracted law which includes to understand that Qutors holds the right to delete, remove or edit content to our discretion.
- The use of the Platform for communicative purposes requires online registration by the tutors or education institute. Registration shall be free of charge.
- Registration shall be open to natural persons only (Legal persons, corporations, partnerships, associations or similar are not allowed as Students).
- All data requested by Qutors has to be submitted accurately and completely.
- Users shall not have multiple accounts. If a user is found to have not adhere to this rule, they shall be banned from using Qutors.
Further Obligations of the Users
- The tutors or schools shall not use any materials supplied by Qutors unless agreed and written in a full document.
- The consumers of this service shall not misuse this website for the following:
- Tutor/school stating certain qualifications when it is not true.
- Use the Platform to obtain any services that are against the law or otherwise prohibited in the location where the User is accessing services;
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others on the Platform;
- Send, share or otherwise make available to any Users content that is or in any manner to be interpreted as unlawful, profane, defamatory, obscene, abusive, racist, indecent, threatening, vulgar, bigoted, libelous, tortuous, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, insulting, invasive of another’s privacy;
- Use the Site or Services for any illegal or unlawful purpose, for any purpose not expressly intended by Qutors or for the promotion of any illegal or criminal or anti-state or terrorist activities;
- Advocate, promote, inculcate, assist or encourage conduct that would lead to any acts of terrorism, give rise to criminal or civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate. The Users agree to immediately report any such action or activity on the part of any User or information to Qutors by phone and email;
- Send files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
- Our service does not take responsibility for verifying listed tutors or schools on our site. All potential students or users shall take their own lawful measures to do their own checks. It is highly advised that if you are parent, who is looking for a tutor for their child to make sure that they check tutors or any individuals in contact with your child has a DBS/CRB check done on them.
- We reserve the right to delete/remove and report any profiles in which we believe that may be breaking the law to the relevant authorities.
Booking of Teaching Sessions
- Upon booking a tutor or school, there is no online payment required via the Qutors website. All bookings must be done through contacting the relevant tutor or school.
- Qutors cannot accept any liability for the Tutor’s performance of his/hers related obligations, in particular repayment of the fee as applicable under statutory law.
Fees, Charges and Billing
- Fees for Teaching shall be set individually by each Tutor. The Tutors may modify this fee over time at their own discretion.
- The Tutor shall state his personal fee in his profile. The fee shall be stated as an hourly rate. The amount shall be stated in UK Sterling Pounds. This fee shall be paid through means agreed to by the users.
- If you are paying for a particular service provided by the website such as resource material, advertising materials or any external services (which is stated on the website), payments should be made through any agreed medium between Qutors and user.
- All charges by Qutors are non-refundable unless if it conflicts with the T&C’s. If you believe you are entitled to a refund, please use the contact details on the website. All refunds are at Qutor’s sole discretion.
Quality of Services
- Qutors provides training to tutors and schools to give the best possible outcome to students. However, we do not take any liability for lack of outcome, goals between tutors/schools and students.
- We will always aim to get better and improve any aspect in our control.
- Qutors and its suppliers are the sole owners of all intellectual property, in particular the copyright, trademarks and database, incorporated in the Platform.
- Qutors has the rights to all its materials and sources, without giving permission to any user for commercial purposes – without a written agreement in place.
- Details of users shall NOT be passed on to any third-party for commercial use. We adhere to all GDPR rules governed in the United Kingdom.
Communication and Updates
- Any communication needed between the site and users shall be done via website, social media or contact details given to us.
- If there is any changes which directly affect users capacity to provide their service, shall be informed via the above.
- The User agrees that the Agreement is non-assignable. Likewise the Tutor shall not permit any third party to use our platform in the Tutor’s name.
- Qutor reserves the right to amend the TOU at any time if this is necessary to accommodate developments not foreseeable at the time of registration, provided this does not substantially alter the contractual relation. Amendments shall also be allowed to accommodate case law impacting on the TOU. The description of Qutor’ services may be amended, provided the amendment does not entail substantial changes.
- We shall also notify all given stakeholders of any change of the TOU and will give the option to users to remove themselves from our site.
- These TOU are here to protect both the users and Qutors from any incidents taking place.